Do you want an environmental careers coach or mentor to help you enter and advance in your career in one of the environmental, sustainability or natural resources career fields? Let our Founder/Director, John Esson, help guide you.
John Esson is the Director of the Environmental Career Center and founder of the nonprofit PASE Corps
advanced environmental training and internship program.
He created the web’s first environmental niche job board in 1995, and published both the Green Careers Journal mag
azine and the National Environmental Employment Report.
John has conducted a number of environmental career and green job employer surveys since in partnership with professional associations such as USGBC, AFS, and NAEP.
He has over 30 years of technical experience in natural resources management, sustainability planning, and environmental management with Federal, state, and local agencies, nonprofit organizations.
John served as the Chairman of the Career Development Committee for the National Association of Environmental Professionals (NAEP
) for seven years.
He has been leading and presenting at Environmental Careers- Green Jobs workshops for over 20 years with organizations such as:
- National Association of Environmental Professionals
- The Wildlife Society
- American Fisheries Society
- Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE)
- Soil & Water Conservation Association
- Women’s Energy & Environmental Council
- Good Jobs- Green Jobs Conference – Blue Green Alliance
- Colleges & Universities:
- Yale University
- Hampton University
- University of Wisconsin- Stevens Point
- University of Minnesota
- Old Dominion University
- Four live Environmental Careers Conference satellite broadcasts from ODU to over 2,000 students at over 80 colleges and universities
John led a number of environmental careers and green job employer surveys in cooperation with NAEP, U.S. Green Building Council, and American Fisheries Society.
Want a personal environmental career coach?