At 3Degrees, our business is our mission. As a certified B Corporation, we connect people with renewable energy on a massive scale — providing renewable energy and carbon offset solutions to Fortune 500 companies, utilities, universities, green building firms and other organizations that are working to make their services and operations more sustainable. Join us.
We are looking for outgoing, passionate and enthusiastic Outreach Associates to drive our community education and activation efforts through event promotion and outreach. You will be a stellar communicator, have a good sense of humor and share our vision for a sustainable world. Sound like you? Keep reading.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Increase awareness and participation in local sustainability programs by approaching customers, delivering pitches, and discussing program benefits
- Meet minimum enrollment rate
- Perform community outreach at events, storefronts and in local neighborhoods
- Set up events displays, tents, banners, and booths
- Complete administrative duties following each shift
- Adhere to customer service and safety policies
- Meet with the regional Outreach Coordinator and attend team meetings/trainings
WHAT WE'LL NEED FROM YOU
- Passion for environmental causes
- Sales, event staffing, or canvassing experience preferred, but not required
- Comfortable approaching, engaging, and talking to people to promote our regional programs
- Positive, outgoing, motivated, and enthusiastic attitude
- Ability to work 10-20 hours per week including evenings and weekends
- The ability to carry up to 40 pounds and walk/stand up to five hours at a time in unpredictable weather conditions
- Access to reliable transportation, computer, personal email account, and cell phone
WHAT YOU’LL GET
When you work for us, there's plenty in it for you:
- Beginning at $15 in earnings per hour, including $10 base wage + an estimated $5/hour in commissions
- 401(k) plan with employer matching program after six months
- Promotions & compensation awarded for stellar performance
- A mission-driven B-Corp that is committed to a triple bottom line ethic and fostering work-life balance and professional development for its staff.
3Degrees is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Remember to say you found this opportunity at EnvironmentalCareer.com